Accountant / Buchhalter(in) mit eidg. Fachausweis
Can you be serious – but not take yourself too seriously?
Your new company
At Frontify, our mission is simple. We create the best and most user-friendly brand management platform - a platform that enables anyone to deliver compelling and consistent brand experiences. Today, Frontify is empowering thousands of different-sized companies around the world, including Facebook, Lufthansa, Vodafone, and Allianz.
Frontify is a scaleup company with over 100 employees, headquartered in St. Gallen, Switzerland and another office with a skyscraper-view in New York, USA. Frontify is built on a collaborative culture of experimentation, trust, and transparency. We believe in being happy and fulfilled at work, and let our personalities shine through everything we do. Does this sound like the place for you? Then read on.
While the Finance team may be a small team here, they do make a large impact on us – they handle our money after all. As you may have guessed, this means planning, organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling our finances. Yes, they’re smart people and love crunching numbers but they also enjoy the fresh outdoors.
As a financial accountant, you will be responsible for the accounts of our Swiss company and its foreign subsidiaries. You will be the one overseeing and fulfilling the daily operational tasks and the opportunity of developing processes and improving efficiency just rounds it all up for you. This role covers the following areas:
- Financial accounting for the Swiss company, including associated administration, plus accountancy services for our foreign companies (currently using Abacus)
- Coordination and preparation of the consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial
statements (coordination, accruals and deferrals, preparing the reports for Controlling), including reporting according to the Swiss Code of Obligations (OR) and SWISS GAAP FER
- Responsibility for accounts receivable for our subscription business via Zuora
- Accounts payable, including approval of expenditure and expenses, as well as payment runs
- Preparation of the tax return and value added tax returns in Switzerland and abroad
- Assisting with and preparing for the audit as well as support with the budget
- Development of processes with the goal of improved financial accounting efficiency
- Point of contact for CEO and CFO in all matters pertaining to accounting
- You have a Swiss Federal Professional Education and Training Diploma in finance and accounting.
- You are experienced as a financial accountant in an international setting.
- You have good IT skills (especially Excel and Abacus; other ERP systems are an advantage).
- You are no stranger to balance sheet accounting, invoicing and statutory requirements (OR, SWISS GAAP FER, consolidation).
- Your friends would describe you as a problem solver, pragmatic, easy-going, independent but also a team player.
- You are self-motivated, authentic, efficient, curious, and always honest.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable.
- You take a high degree of ownership over your work.
- You’re proficient in German and English.
Frontify is a very dynamic company where things change quickly and opportunities arise often, providing a lot of space for personal development. We're big on flexibility, and providing our Frontify family with time for side projects. Our office is pretty great, but more important is our culture of freedom, trust, learning, advancement, and happiness. Our word only counts for so much, though. See what we have to offer for yourself – start the conversation.
- Send us your resume and some nice words.
- First call with Employee Success (our fancy name for HR).
- Coffee with the team (or second call, if you don’t live around the corner)
- Half a day in our office in St. Gallen. You can experience our culture, and we can learn more about you in person.
- If things go well, you will be part of our journey soon.